- Download the latest ubuntu Desktop or Server Image from the Ubuntu website
- Login to EVE-NG using WinSCP and go to below folder
- Create a new folder under EVE-NG and upload the same iso image.
- Once iso image uploaded please rename it with cdrom.iso
mv imagename.iso cdrom.iso
- Create a new disk to install the ubuntu image, the disk space depended on your requirement.
/opt/qemu/bin/qemu-img create -f qcow2 virtioa.qcow2 30G
- Now go to EVE-NG GUI and create a new lab
- Select new Ubuntu image from the list
- Assign the sufficient RAM and CPU cores
- Select VNC for console output
- Add node for Management and Internet access to download new patches and software
- Start ubuntu linux
- Double click on Linux icon to open VNC console.
- Follow the below link to install the Ubuntu
- Shutdown the Ubuntu system
- Note down the node number
- Default pod number will be 0 only
- Check LAB ID:
- Now you can go to the Temp folder to commit the Ubuntu Image, this commit will also keep the changes what you made to this system before commit.
Cd /opt/unetlab/tmp/0/paste your lab id/type nodenumber
- Now commit the change using below command it will take some time wait and do not close or disconnect EVE-NG. otherwise, image will get corrupt and you need start from the scratch.
/opt/qemu/bin/qemu-img commit virtioa.qcow2
- Go back to Linux-ubuntu folder and delete cdrom.iso file
rm -f image.iso
- Go back to GUI access of Eve-NG, add new node and run it, it should work